Monday, June 05, 2006

Lovely weekend

It has been. Weather wise, to be sure. And with my toy sitting out in the street whispering my name, I had to go out on it....

Saturday was absolutely gorgeous. A really nice summery day, and everyone but everyone was out enjoying it. For my part, I got up early and spent the day heading back-and-forth across the Dales, stopping in many places and burning up loads of fuel. Getting more comfortable with the whole cornering job, and positively enjoying it. Shame there are quite a few tossers out there too, myself included at times - though I hope it's minimal! Saturday evening I added several inches of cholesterol to my veins by overdoing the butter in dinner. Never mind. Slept really well, with the intention of staying at home for sunday. Best laid plans, huh?

Sunday I stayed lying in bed, puzzled as to why it was sunny outside; forecast had been contrary. So, to make use of a good day I decided to go out for just a little spin on the bike. Seventy miles later and it was 'whoops, I appear to be in Kendal', by which point I was blatantly spending the entire day riding. Managed to get lost around Keswick and ended up going along beautiful country roads up Borrowdale and over Honister Pass and through Buttermere, beautiful country and first gear job, up and down. Can imagine it's lethal in the wet weather, glad it was nice! And then found myself in Cockermouth, rather a bit further than I meant to go!

Turning around, I should have headed for Penrith (if I had any real sense of where things are) but instead went back to Kendal and up Garsdale through Hawes. Nice, except for the blatant speeding Germans (we'll forgive them that) who literally sat up my arse for quite a while. Most rude, and no need for it. Still, lost them on the road to Leyburn, so I was happy, except then there were the crappy kids in the back seat of the orange car I was following, pulling stupid faces and mouthing obscenities. Little shits. Took great pleasure in overtaking that one once I could.

And so back home, to find that in my absence no miraclous cleaning of my laundry had taken place (it's getting silly now, I have to at least do two loads tonight!) and that I was absolutely knackered. No surprise there. Also feeling slightly deafened and have strained muscles all up my arms. A good kind of ache.

But now back at work, and lo and behold, I cant be bothered with it! Never mind......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home