Saturday, June 17, 2006

Jon-ster smells BAD.....

And by bad I mean kinda good. In a bad kinda way. Let's just treat it as my guilty little secret, eh? And by secret I mean not at all. Enough crap......

Woke up this morning shockingly early and then promptly snoozed for a further three hours. My fantastic idea of getting up early and having breakfast at work isnt paying off, since it means I get up shockingly early of a weekend. This is not good. So maybe we'll have a rethink there. Anyhow, after deciding that fried eggs with a lack of toast were not to be contemplated, I headed out to do my little errands for the day; booked my bike MOT (at a crazy time, but I suppose I can just have a half day or something....and I'll be scrubbing her down on Monday evening) and acquired socket set. Forgot to go to phone shop. And discovered that although this past week has been quite mild, it was stonkingly warm today - especially dressed in black. Very cunning, eh? Anyhow, I finished off all I had to do (or at least half of it - procrastinate, me?), went home and got out of the black clothes. Decided the day was far to nice not to go for at least a little ride, and so headed east with the aim of hitting the coast and the lovely weather and the cheesy seaside hats and whatnot. Did not get that far.

Arrived in Selby, sweltering at each set of traffic lights (riding is fine in motion - wind chill hooray! - but as soon as you stop, it's like your own personal sauna) to discover a classic bikes fair I was not expecting. Nice. So had a little look and random conversations with old blokes (Demographic: male, over 40, balding, white wispy beard or big specs) before heading to York instead. Still have not found satisfactory parking arrangement for central York. Also a pain even getting into there because of the avenue arrangements and the strict speed limits and huuuuge numbers of cameras. Took a photo of the Minster and sent it to Carole as a little bit of nostalgia for her, though she hasnt replied or anything *huff*. Also had a disgusting text message conversation with P - really should just ring - and was conveniently ignored by Wolfie, buggrit. Then decided to head for Nidderdale and my favourite roads, but got sidetracked in Harrogate and read the paper instead. And then a jaunt to Ripon to discover it was a lot later than I thought, more coffee, and then home via Knaresborough and then Boroughbridge - which isnt exactly direct, I know, but *shrugs*. Home now, to discover my 'little spin' has actually covered about 150 miles. Oops.

Have lubed up my chain real nice, really needed it, and everything is ready to head to Dad's tomorrow. And once inside and open up my leathers, and the foetid cloud erupts....I badly need to wash....but it's such a nice disgusting feeling (see previous entries) that I dont want to just yet.....like how I used to feel after matches; tired, mucky and dirty, yet enjoying it all the same. Hmmmm, yes.

Dinner tonight is to consist of little more than chicken, to assuage my carnivorous appetite and to make up for the fact I've actually eaten nothing but a very small burger and a banana muffin. Healthy, eh? Also means my plan to do careful marketing for the food, with the cheap stuff from the supermarket has flown right out the window, since I wont be doing any shopping tomorrow either! At least I've got all those bread rolls in the freezer; come to think of it, I've actually got enough meals in the freezer, though no fresh veg kinda stuff, and I'm not sure that 'herring and rice' is a combination I want to try just yet.......

Sitting here naked now and blogging has turned out to be rather fun. Though my hands are totally cacky and I'm getting white hand again - this could be a bit of an issue. At least I remembered my ear plugs and am not deafened; far fewer people on the roads than I was expecting, and certainly fewer bikers (for all the event in Selby).

Maybe another post later? Have to see.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home