Sunday, March 25, 2007

Beautiful day

It is, outside, really really nice - in stark contrast to the same time last weekend. Crazy weather! It really feels like spring has sprung, today. I welcome the oncoming summer, and the longer days and evenings with it. Speaking of which, did you all remember to knock you clocks forward this morning? Important, huh? It's as if Parliament has decreed that now is British Summer Time, and the weather has conveniently subscribed to the same scale. A happy coincidence.

I've had a very lazy day, since in effect I woke up and got up quite late. Breakfast of banana pancakes - nice, but I think more bananas are required in future recipies, and the egg-white trick is not at all necessary but probably would make them even better - and coffee, and some washing up. That took care of the whole morning, and it being so pleasant outside, I've gone for a quit circuit of the abbey on foot. There are a lot of people out today, including the Jehovah's Witnesses who were knocking on the door of number 2.....took me ages to work out that's what was going on, they looked like sinister debt collectors or police officers till I figured that the plush book held by one of them must be a bible, what with the tassle-y bit! Seems odd that they are evangelising on a Sunday, what with it being the christian sabbath an' all.......but I left them well behind, to join the dog-walkers and dawdlers in the Abbey grounds.

I wont say I'll miss the place, because it isnt all that nice, but today it was a gift of green space. Sitting by the canal/river, I've been watching the ducks and swans (vicious buggers, chasing the ducks around, they were), and musing on many subjects to no conclusion. It's been very pleasant, and one extra thing would have made it entirely complete. And now I'm home, ready for the meatball-fest, and have escaped my extra dose of proselytics. Life is good, for the moment.

Just remember, this too will pass.....all composite things are subject to decay......pessimistic? Hopeful, in other circumstances. I like the sentiment. A breath of fresh air, good for the lungs, mind and spirit (:-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home