Sunday, March 18, 2007

Folk wisdom

There's a lot to be said about old proverbs and sayings, for much sense is contained therein (as well as a lot of old tripe, but nothing worse than the usual edition of the Daily Mail). Perhaps we should pay attention to them more often? Worth considering. It certainly would have helped me out this weekend to have heeded the old chestnut 'make hay while the sun shines', or in a more relevent phrasing to me 'go to the bloody supermarket on the day when it is not freaky weather, so that you dont get caught out in a hailstorm', which is what has just happened this morning.

Jeez, but it's mad at the moment! So noisily windy and rainy that it woke me up in the middle of last night, and it's scarily howling around the house-eaves at the moment, making me ever more paranoid that the back is gonna fall right off......at least it is now sunny, so I didnt get wet a second time on the way home, and I must pay anonymous thanks here to the anonymous benefactor who last night tied my bike cover to the pillion grab-handle, since it must have been flapping right loose. My bike was drenched, but at least still upright and since there's no battery in it, we hope the electrics are good! I think it will be a case of testing out the battery on Tuesday evening, removing it again, and then refitting again on Weds morning. There is of course no guarantee that it isnt going to be freaky again throughout the week, which is very inconveniently timed, but I guess that's life, eh? I do note that the forecast has radically changed, and snow is no longer due for the first part of the week (:-) Wait and see, wait and see.....

Welcome back to the country to Jane-r, I'll have to come visit you once I'm all moved down - or you can come escape from the smoke for a nice day in the country, shockingly close to your old place of living! You're very lucky I caught your blog comment, I dont often check back through the archives.......glad you're back safe though, honey, and I'll be wanting to see all the snaps and hear about Burning Man again - if you were there, of course! Ring me if you get a chance.......

The rest of the day will be spent in a) enjoyment of a newspaper, a cup of coffee and sudoku; b) curry in the evening and c) a lukewarm bath (since it never stays hot when the wind is this high!).......

On a final, topical, note; this is a good film that you all should watch. I dislike the new look of the imdb.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home