Sunday, February 25, 2007

Squits, splits, schvitz and other stuff

Let's deal with these things in order.

First of all, yesterday when I went shopping, I was feeling very thirsty - possibly as a result of riding, hence loosing a bit of liquid - so I bought four pints of orange juice. It was recently brought to my attention - guess who by - that I seem to get the squits when I drink too much of the stuff, and without realising it I polished off the lot last night. So this morning was not a pretty sight, or a pretty sensation. But I'm sure the beta-carotene did me some good!

Breakfast was a pretty lowly affair, but I did have some cheapo jam for a change; breakfast isnt usually anything special, and not that toast+jam is amazingly unusual, but it's pleasant for a change. Then I togged up and went out to work, pausing briefly on the way to fill my tank up with petrol after running out halfway along Kirkstall Rd. At least now I'm sensing that this is what the problem is almost instantly, and pulled in quickly for a flip of the reserve tank switch, but it's still not fun. Work consisted of doing a column - the split - and finding out that I've obtained two very unexpected things. Never mind. I'm canning that side of things for the moment anyways, I've got far too many other things to worry about!

After that, and fannying around with a gazillion bottles of solvent with literally dribbles inside them *grump*, I came home for a quick sarnie and then put on my spanky leathers - fetish, moi? - and went out again. Nowhere now, nowhere exceedingly exciting, but out to Skipton and back along the Harrogate road with the twisty bits over Blubberhouses and the dips and stretches. Very, very fun riding road, and I think I did very well to myself, especially once I started talking myself through it all. It helps a lot, and is to be recommended for fast riding and fun (:-) Some nice cornering, other crap....I'm really gonna have to go tracking one of these days, though it'll be something to save up for and NOT take my own bike doing!

This leads us to the schvitz, because I'm now a little bit smelly; wrapped up warmly, I overdid it perhaps but better warm than cold at this time of year! Also stopped over at Steve's for a cuppa and a hot cross bun - much appreciated, I such a skank, I'll be nice in return! - and a bit of bird-watching. Most pleasant. And then another run across some twisty bits home, including the really fun bit up out of Otley up the bank to the airport. I love biking, wish I'd started years and years earlier.

And now at home, all sausaged-up (mmm, good food) and quite, quite tired. It's also started to rain, which'll put the mockers on me going riding again tomorrow, but never mind. At least I got it done today! I'm really going to miss these handy Dales.....Surrey's going to be too full of people......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home