Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Tuesday....oops, no it's Wednesday!

Shows how time goes. Had an interesting time demonstrating in labs today, some of the ugrads decided to have a whale of a time. So we had one molten cable resulting in a big bang and a fume hood trip-out; it's still bust, heaven knows what went wrong! Someone else decided to throw water all over a heating mantle and short out another fume hood, though that one was just a trip and easily sorted, and someone deciding to throw things in their eyes. Nice. No damage there either. But makes for an exciting morning!

This afternoon has been spent doing paperwork and marking ugrad stuff. Some shocking mistakes, but I suppose I'm in the position to know better! Never mind. Have to go do that tomorrow. Written up all my experimentals and had a big planning thing - need to discuss with Adam, but may not have the chance for a while. So I'll go over them again and then decide for myself tomorrow afternoon.

But some big news: I've been summoned for jury service! I'm a bit put out by the wording of the document, but I'm aware that it's my civic duty and has to be done. Hopefully they wont decide to send me to Southampton (where they've registered me at), as that would be a bit of a pain (though I suppose I could go stay with Matt or someone), and I can do it in Leeds. Hopefully also it wont be a big trial, as I'm not fond of the idea of having to consider a big important case. The difference between deciding a case according to the law, or deciding what the law should be. Anyhow, should be something a bit different to do, and at least I'm young enough to appreciate it, perhaps! My Dad got called for the first time this year, and he's retired!

In a bit of a dither in my personal life at the moment, I seem to have acquired burmese inertia, or something, because I have no inclination to do anything, despite the incentives of being totally bored once I get home and having my annoying housemate to deal with. Metta again tonight - though I've been having a really hard time witht the dedication to meditation thing (as you are all no doubt aware, since I moan about it constantly). The obstacle of Sloth, methinks: my brain wont have me sitting about wasting my time (despite the fact that what I would be doing instead is a big fat NOTHING). Someone kick me up the arse? Orderly queue, now.

Well, that's enough for now, I'll update again once I get home, if I dont decide to go to the theatre or something.....not that this is likely!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home