Sunday, August 05, 2007

Phew wot a scorcher!

Wow. Summer has arrived with a vengance! It's really warm today, has been very nice all this past week and hopefully it is here to stay! Nice.

Anyhow, I've been tut-tutted at for not updating my blog constantly - seems I'm only here for your amusement, bloggardes - so I'm updating now. Have to back-track about a week and a half, so bear with me....

P turned up a little early a week last Wednesday. Owing to strange circumstances, there's an extra person in his flat and it was getting a little bit uncomfortable, so he came up to visit me (to be able, as he put it, to spazz out and walk around naked; see, it's not just me). Nice, but unexpected! I think he became a little bit bored around my place though, not fun. Still....I was very glad to have him around.

The saturday was a trip to Guildford, to discover a farmers' market and lots of the stall-holders that I know of old from Winchester! Oh, delight! Really good to find that out, but Guildford is a touch far to be scooting off all the time, just doing my shopping. Though possibly no further than Winchy from Soton. Anyhoo, it may all be academic now that foot-and-mouth has reared its head in Surrey, v. close by.

Also in Guildford was a trip to the opticians, do discover that no, I'm not going blind, and that I might have herpes in my eye. Before you all go leaping to inordinate conclusions, I'm not talking about VD (ewww, what a thought), rather herpes simplex - the virus that causes cold sores. I have some scarring on the back of my eye which might indicate that, but they couldnt say for sure. And apparently it is not to be cured and could be recurrent, which is a pain. Still, it was amusing to see the optician say 'it could be herpes simplex' and then very quickly cover her tracks that it's not the VD-version! Luckily I already knew the difference.

So at any rate, no specs for me just yet, but could be coming along within ten years or so. Watch this space.

P then became ill, poor boy, and ended up staying with me for far longer than he expected, I think it really put a strain on him. Serves me right for living in a tiny flat in the middle of nowhere!

Not much else in the way of news, till we get to this weekend and the hot weather. Headed up to London to see friend Janer who is tootling off to Oz after being in the country a bare four months. Some people are just too cheeky. Good to see her, good to catch up, though we did spend a lot of time walking around parks such that my knees and feet really hurt. This is partly my own fault. Having slept in and having had to rush out to catch the train, I managed to a) not have any breakfast, b) not have a shower and c) not have any cash on me. Great stuff, as I discover there's some Wales-England game on at Twickenham and the train is rammed with rugby fans. Ordinarily this would not bother me - hell, I'd actually quite like it - but the air conditioning was not strong enough to cope, so just boiling hot and no shade and too many people. I really felt like I was about the chuck up on the train; luckily did not. All of this whilst getting riper by the second and noticing my own pungent pheromones get stronger and stronger.

The day continued in the mucky theme. Since I've left my shoes with friend Martin in Southampton, and my good shoes are buggered with the sole detached, and my sole other non-boot pair of shoes is locked up at work. So I went to London in my flip-flops. And hence acquired the skankiest pair of feet in all of Christendom. Black doesnt begin to describe it, and I dread to think what it all consisted of. Still, was more pleasant than shoes, and it gave me nice blisters between my toes where the strap rests, fantastic. Shamefully, I also came home and instead of being sensible and washing my feet straight away, I ended up just putting on a pair of socks and going to bed. I disgust even myself these days.

Much coffee, much beer had in London, though well spaced apart with lots of walking and sunning. Only 3 or 4 pints across the whole day, in total, I guess, but enough with the espresso to make me constantly in need of the loo.

Today has been more relaxing and domestic. My plans to go out riding have come to nought after my trip to the shops and consequent boil-in-the-leather-bag effect. Maybe later when it is cooler, but right now I'm cooking and successfully heating up my flat with the oven. I'm stupid, eh? Still, should be tasting nice in a little while!

That's it for today. Will post mid-week again at the latest, I promise!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home