Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Hot water

Just had another bath. It's a habit, not that I'm actually cleaning myself. It's for purposes of skin moisturising, and is working alright. I just need to keep off the caffeine, and I bloody well managed it in Oxford, so I can manage it here too. Green tea-bags a go-go, starting tomorrow...... For the sake of my skin!

Said good-bye to the car today, it's been towed away, mostly for the sake of it but it's saved me a lot of hassle regards: paying the MOT, and that's good. Cars are fabulously expensive anyway, and I've not moved it in the month and a half since I brought my stuff down from Dad's so it's no great loss. Just hope no-one asks after it for a while! Once again a man of only a single mode of transport.

Reading books is turning out to be bad at making me think. I'm getting very worried about my future prospects, in that I dont think I can conscionably continue doing the chemistry work I do. I cant ethically justify it, and that scares me. What scares me more is thinking 'what the hell else can I do?!', because I dont think I'd enjoy quite as much doing anything else. Having to learn something from scratch again does not appeal. But neither does working for an evil multinational - or even a small non-multinational because all the work tends to end up in the hands of the big lot anyways; and chemical solutions are not always the best, much as I loathe to say it.....*pondersome*

And there's always the issue of Patrick. Being totally schizophrenic about it at the moment, which is either a good or a bad thing. I cant tell. But I've not had a big talk with anyone for far too long, and so I may have to pester people via phone tomorrow. After dealing with my Ugrads for the morning, not fun.....now that the novelty has warn off, it's incredibly dull!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home