Tuesday, January 17, 2006

oooh 'eck!

Terminally short of money! *grin* Luckily I'll be getting some back from the bills, but I'm really running short - have to get my deposit money back for the house very soon! A good two hundred quid would be very nice - or I'll have to close my kiddie bank account (still open, still earns interest!) and squander the cash on my current doughnut habit. Thank goodness for my inlaid stock of sudoku to keep me amused! That and my books.....my room is still a mess, I need a bookcase but I certainly cant afford one! Any donations?

Been doing my test reaction today, looks like I've made my nice blue catalyst which will hopefully be good when I add the substrates to it! Also got hold of my demonstrating duties for next week, looks a little scary but I should be OK.....little undergrads trusting what I say.....going to be a very odd feeling....

Thanks to Mark who gave me some good advice yesterday, not to put pressure on myself to be so active as I was in southampton for a while yet, and certainly not with the terminal cash shortage. Plenty of time for skedaddling later, no? Even though I've been scamming the train services, travelling only one stop between unmanned stations; saves climbing up either Kirkstall hill or Woodside hill, both of which are wind-worthy; then again, I'm not as fit as I used to be! Not liable to be for a while either, since I do no exercise at all. Except for the sex. Oh, but I dont get any of that either. Damn, foiled again!

Must go and pick up my lovely informative DEPT experiment in a bit, and ask about IR machine, mp machine and MS service! A chemist's work is never done (not least because the chemist is a lazy arse).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home