Saturday, September 18, 2010

I was going to make a post more recently!

...and how many times have we heard that? :D Seriously though, I had some photos and everything, but I think this story will work just as well by description, and hell, it's good exercise for my brain and fingers to get it down in print.

P and I went out for chinese the other night. Nowt posh, just essentially take-away but without taking-it-away, but in bigger portions and some things slightly more obscure. And the same place serves dim sum on a weekend, just like the place in Southampton I used to frequent did. Even down to the deep-fried prawns served, bizarrely, with the quintessentially asian ingredient of salad cream (strangely tasty in this context). Anyhow, meal over, regulation fortune cookie and hot towel dispensed, nice nice. I crack mine for the fortune 'you will receive a gift you have always wanted'. So far, so typically trite.

P cracked his to obtain the fortune 'British Telecom has made a mistake, you will get a rebate'.

Errrm, whut? This is a remarkably precise prediction for an art form usually mired in indecipherables and inexactitiudes. That a cookie not only knows you have telephone provided by BT, it knows they've buggered up your bill and that the cheque is in the post. Not that this is unlikely - I have many gripes over my BT service at the moment but nothing is likely to change - but still, surpisingly to the point. I did take a picture just to make sure it was real and not a hallucination, but as yet do not have the technology to transfer them (read: my camera battery is flat and I don't have an SD card reader).

It is a pleasant day today, not much happening; big mug of coffee, crumpets and sausage rolls. Shall have to stop with the pastry soon though :-(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home