Sunday, November 27, 2005

Bored on a Sunday

*sigh*.....why is it I always run out of things to do on a sunday? Well, truth be told, I havent in the slightest, but there's something about a huge pile of laundry that just makes me *shudder* and then forget about it. And I could have moved my arse down to the sale at Infinity (Bike shop), but I'd be walking and for some reason this is embarrassing. SO annoying that I'm off the road, otherwise I'd just go out burning up miles, great fun even if I'd then be forking out for a service after about 2 weeks!

Still, I actually have to go and help rip down the set later this afternoon, from the play of last week. Yes, all you interested people, I am also a rank amateur of an actor, and yesterday was the final curtain - not only of this run but also of the entire club. It's a real shame really, since they've racked up 60 years but havent managed to keep going any longer - the club has just gotten older and older and not replaced people underneath! Shame, big shame - but I can kinda see why, there's a feeling of active discouragement of new things, especially considering the knackered out old audience! Actually, I do them a diservice, plenty of new people about. But now that I actually know some of the old duffers, I can see why some might be put off. Not exactly a modern outlook on everything......oo-er missus.

Tomorrow I have to start work on writing a paper. Well, it should turn out more like a collation exercise, but I get the feeling it's going to be a big long hassle. No matter. At least I'll get published, and hopefully just a 2-name paper! Not in fact likely, if we put in the NMR studies, and there may be some tussle over whether mass spec people get in on the act....but hey ho. For those of you who have a passing interest in supramolecular chemistry (and access to Wiley journals!), take a look at this. It's kinda like what I do now, and I'm shamefully proud of that little one too!

Badly need a holiday, but not likely to get one for a while. Plus the fact that I currently have no-one to go on holiday with, and no money to spend it on! Think I'll ask my sis and bro-in-law about borrowing the place in Cornwall again, and go and have a week away from it all. And then again, I may not. I'm hopeless like that!

Ummm.....very easy to just keep typing random rubbish, isnt it?